This program is designed to prepare those with no background in computer programming to build a website and start coding! The program provides a fun and informative introduction to web development. Explore website building and whether a career in coding might be right for you.
Build your first website.
Who This Program Is For
This program is open to those of every age and experience level. If you’re someone who has always wanted to explore website creation or if you are exploring if a career in coding might be for you, this course is a great place to start. Use this workshop to jump into a coding career-path or to put up your first website.
Expertise Gained in this Program*
- Day 1
- Orientation to Coding for Everyone
- Planning and creating your portfolio website using Wix
- Setting up a development environment
- Day 2
- Overview of Python & JAVA with Examples
- Upload and review code
- Working in Tech in the Local Job Market & Bootcamps to get you there
- Build a portfolio website where you can upload and display your code.
- Set up a development environment for use in this course and beyond.
- Learn to create custom code in HTML.
- Introduces in-demand programming languages for web development.
- Hands on instruction and one-on-one attention while you work.
- Learn what it takes to break into the local job market
* Content may be updated. Final content will be reflected in the course syllabus.