Patient Access Specialists are one of the most important roles in any healthcare facility as the first point of contact and the liaison between the Dr. and the patient. You will have the opportunity to have a positive impact and make a difference in patients’ lives.
In this program you will gain hands on knowledge of the role of representing healthcare practices and working with patients. You will ensure patients are made to feel comfortable, competently balancing greeting patients and managing a variety of administrative responsibilities. Becoming a patient access specialist is a rewarding role. This program is an excellent entry point into an in-demand growth-based opportunity in healthcare.
To prepare front-line staff for health-care facilities.
Who This Program Is For
High School Graduates
Expertise Gained in this Program*
- The US Healthcare System*
- Medical Terminology
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Pathophysiology & Pharmacology
- Team Collaboration
- Computer Applications for Healthcare
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) Systems
- Healthcare Compliance and Regulations (EMTALA, HIPAA, etc.)
- Data Information Processing (Data Entry Alpha/Numeric (5500kph))
- Healthcare Data Records (content, structure and integrity)
- Revenue Cycle & Reimbursement (Insurance Information Verification and Processing, payment processing, billing fundamentals)
- Happiness at Work in Healthcare
- Customer Experience (scheduling, greeting patients, answering phones, verifying information, checking in)
- Interpersonal skills, active listening, communication, patience, flexibility
- Staff and operations management (including time management, workload management)
- CPR Certification
- Role playing – by completing substantial role play experience (for example working with elderly patients with mobility issues and handling disgruntled patients), graduates of the program should be eligible to by-pass some job experience requirements (to be confirmed with potential employers during the design phase of the program)
- Program will include Happiness training related to satisfaction with work: Includes self-compassion training which is now scientifically proven to in increase resilience, decrease stress, lead people to act less defensively, and improve performance after failure – traits that will help in customer-facing roles
- Job placement opportunities
- Certificate granted upon an evaluation demonstrating mastery of all course modules
* Content may be updated. Final content will be reflected in the course syllabus.