Managers who oversee operations in healthcare facilities direct the daily operational functions of the practice. Operations managers plan and coordinate work schedules, patient schedules, and physician schedules; ensure service quality; develop and maintain policies and procedures, track and report information regarding patients and staff productivity; manage employees; and, manage budgets and financial performance.
Graduates of the program will be prepared to manage operations in settings such as hospitals, clinics, physicians’ offices, dental offices, home health agencies, assisted care facilities, and health insurance companies.
To prepare individuals to for operations management roles in healthcare settings.
Who This Program Is For
Those with 3+ years of healthcare experience with increasing responsibility, operations professionals, bachelor’s degree holders, RNs or other professionals with a college degree in a healthcare field.
Expertise Gained in this Program*
- All Healthcare Administration Fundamentals Courses, may be waived with appropriate experience
- Healthcare Business
- Healthcare Facilities Operations
- Budgeting & Finance for Healthcare
- Scheduling & Resource Management
- HR & Supervision for Healthcare
- Relationship Management
- Managing Processes & Procedures
- Ethics & Compliance for Healthcare
- Customer Service Management
- Health Informatics
- Data Tracking, Analysis, and Reporting
- Gain targeted training in the fundamentals of healthcare operations within a short-format program.
- Modules can be completed in any order, allowing individuals to focus first on the skills that they most need to excel or move up at work.
- Developed in collaboration with employers to ensure that skills are relevant and applicable.
- Prepares students to sit for the: Certified Physician Practice Manager: https://www.aapc.com/certification/cppm/
* Content may be updated. Final content will be reflected in the course syllabus.