If you are interested in starting a career in healthcare and are not yet sure about which career path you would like to pursue, this program provides foundational training that will serve you well in any entry-level healthcare profession and is a resume builder.
This program can be applied towards the requirements for the following certificates: patient access specialist, health information technician, medical coding an analysis.
To provide students with fundamental knowledge in areas of healthcare that are necessary for entry-level positions in the health professions.
Who This Program Is For
High School Graduates
Expertise Gained in this Program*
- The US Healthcare System*
- Medical Terminology
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Pathophysiology & Pharmacology
- Team Collaboration
- Computer Applications for Healthcare
- Electronic Medical Records (EMR) Systems
- Healthcare Compliance and Regulations (EMTALA, HIPAA, etc.)
- Data Information Processing (Data Entry Alpha/Numeric (5500kph))
- Healthcare Data Records (content, structure and integrity)
- Revenue Cycle & Reimbursement (Insurance Information Verification and Processing, payment processing, billing fundamentals)
- Happiness at Work in Healthcare
- For those not sure about which career path they would like to pursue in the healthcare industry, this program provides foundational training that will serve you well in any entry-level healthcare profession.
- Program will include Happiness training related to satisfaction with work: Includes self-compassion training which is now scientifically proven to in increase resilience, decrease stress, lead people to act less defensively, and improve performance after failure – traits that will help in customer-facing roles
* Content may be updated. Final content will be reflected in the course syllabus.