Presented by Stacy Alldredge
Emotional intelligence is the “other kind of smart.” It affects how we manage behavior, navigate social interactions and make personal decisions to achieve positive results. These skills also shape how an individual responds to, and works, communicates and interacts with other people. Your ability to improve in the emotional-intelligence arena will ultimately improve your connections with others.
- Understand what emotional intelligence is and how — when practiced consciously — it can improve relationships and personal success
- Understand the four domains of emotional intelligence: Self-awareness, self-management, social awareness and relationship management
Developing the Leader Within You 2.0
Presented by Jack Klemeyer
Twenty-five years ago, leadership authority John Maxwell published a book that forever transformed how we think about leadership. Developing the Leader Within You revolutionized the way leaders are made and, in the process, sold more than one million copies. This course revisits the classic text while also including the leadership insights and practices he’s learned in the decades since the book was first published. Developing the Leader Within You 2.0 updates the foundational principles for transformative leadership that Maxwell has used as a leader for more than 40 years.
In this course, participants will learn the basic principles of being a leader and the all-important Five Levels of Leadership. The course provides practices and principles attendees can apply instantly to improve their leadership skills.
Attend to learn how to:
- Build trust through personal integrity
- Create positive change and understand the process involved
- Develop people
- Solve problems
- Articulate visions and goals for your organizations
- Become character-driven vs. being emotion-driven
During the session, we will discuss:
- The real and true definition of leadership
- The key to effective leadership
- The ultimate test of leadership
- The “secret” extra push in effective leadership
- The indispensable quality of leadership
- The path to expanding your leadership
DISCover Yourself and Your Team
Presented by Mary Klein
The first step in personal and professional success is to know yourself. This course will help participants learn more about themselves and those with whom they work. DISC is the most widely used behavioral assessment tool, measuring four behavioral styles: Dominance, Influence, Steadiness and Compliance. Backed by 30 years of research, DISC profiles help reveal hidden talents and skills that create high-performing teams.
The DISC instruments will help participants:
- Gain greater sensitivity to others around them
- Maximize personal strengths and minimize weaknesses
- Identify how and why people make decisions
- Reveal root communication problems
- Motivate others toward greater productivity
- Develop focused and motivated teams and enhance teamwork
- Learn how others process information and respond to change
- Recognize the compatibility of behavior styles
Blanchard’s SL2 Model
Presented by Sam Thompson
Ken Blanchard Companies’ SLII® leadership training program helps managers learn to be agile, lead situationally and empower their people to succeed. The most widely used leadership training program in the world, it teaches leaders how to build meaningful connections that create exponential impact. When this happens, employees are more productive and engaged — and their organizations can excel. SLII is an easy-to-understand, practical framework that enables managers to diagnose the development level of an employee for a task and then use the appropriate directive and supporter behaviors to help them succeed. The proven methodology enables managers to help their direct reports soar to new professional heights.
The course will cover the SLII Concepts.
Spring Series Workshops
This workshop will be presented by Dr. Matthew Chodkowski, Founding Director of the Institute for Postindustrial Leadership at the University of Indianapolis.
More details coming soon!
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and You
This workshop will be presented by Amber Smith, Vice President for Inclusion and Equity at the University of Indianapolis.
More details coming soon!