Prepare to work in the field of Law as a Paralegal. This program will equip you with the knowledge and skills to work with attorneys on litigation and extra-judicial processes. You will learn to perform legal research and analysis, complete the discovery process, trial preparation, arbitration & mediation preparation, legal writing, communication, legal technology, and managing workflow. Paralegals may not provide legal services directly to the public, except as permitted by law.
To prepare individuals with the skill-set required to make a successful transition into the paralegal profession.
Who This Program Is For
Expertise Gained in this Program*
- Fundamentals of the Legal Profession, The Law, & Legal Proceedings
- Legal Terminology, and Transcription
- Legal Investigation, Analysis, and Writing
- Legal Research, eDiscovery, and Interviewing
- Legal Document Preparation and Correspondence
- Oral Communication & Presentation Skills
- Litigation and Trial Presentation Technology
- Project Management and Team Collaboration
- Ethics and Professionalism
- Extra-Judicial Processes
- Technology for Law
- Specialization: e.g. Paralegal services for insurance, healthcare, and personal injury
- Learn all aspects of the legal process from first communications through discovery, litigation preparation, and litigation/dispute work.
- Comprehensive training in eDiscovery and Technology for Law
- In-Demand specializations prepare you to succeed in the job market
- Project management and efficiency skills will make you valuable to prospective employers
- Skills in collaboration will help you succeed on the job
* Content may be updated. Final content will be reflected in the course syllabus.